A Hole in the Ground – A Novel
- The heartbreak of creativity: a public service announcement
- If I sue, will it be in litter-gation?
- What to do in the event you wake up Tuesday morning and Stephen Harper is still Prime Minister
- I am carrying this live skunk to protest everything Donald Trump stands for
- This land is my land, or how do you make a Nippising?
- Searching for the parental sweet spot
I say the tweetest thingsMy Tweets
Tag Archives: fatherhood
Conversations these days with my 15-year-old daughter go something like this: Abby (getting out of the car): “Can you write me a note? I’m going to be late for class.” Me: “You’re not going to be late. Just be quick.” … Continue reading
It came up during Game 4 of the NBA finals. It came up last year too, and the year before that. It’ll probably come up annually from here on and sporadically between times for the rest of my son’s life. … Continue reading
Sometimes I have a hard time getting going. No, not that. Please: this is a family blog. I mean writing. Sometimes getting down to the writing is so difficult that I run out of things to do to avoid writing. … Continue reading
I’m watching basketball right now. There have been a couple of times in the past when I should have been writing but, you know, there was a basketball game on. So tonight I figured, why not watch this Toronto-Houston game … Continue reading
Mr. Secretary-General, Mrs. Secretary-General, all the little Secretary-Generals: good morning. I stand before you today, resplendent in gabardine, wearing this pith helmet at a jaunty angle just so, in order to speak for the fathers of the world, a position … Continue reading