A Hole in the Ground – A Novel
- The heartbreak of creativity: a public service announcement
- If I sue, will it be in litter-gation?
- What to do in the event you wake up Tuesday morning and Stephen Harper is still Prime Minister
- I am carrying this live skunk to protest everything Donald Trump stands for
- This land is my land, or how do you make a Nippising?
- Searching for the parental sweet spot
I say the tweetest thingsMy Tweets
Tag Archives: manhood
If you were to do an image search for “the ideal man,” and you didn’t mind having that in your browser history, you would come upon image after image of jacked-up masculine figures of steel, sculpted and gleaming, tightly packed … Continue reading
There was an image that flashed across the TV screen Sunday afternoon. I can’t be certain but it might have been an ad for IBM’s artificial intelligence app, Watson. “Hello. I am Watson,” a voice intones at the end, a … Continue reading
Preternaturally young looking “50 is the new 49.” “How lucky to have been born in the sixties but have absolutely no memories of them.” Wunderkind “Take the day off.” Uncannily virile “Not everyone is so confident in their firmly established … Continue reading
At the school where I work, the staff sometimes organizes games against the students. If anyone asks me why I don’t participate, I’ll explain, “I have a medical condition.” If they press me further, I’ll say, “I’m allergic to humiliation.” … Continue reading
Sometimes I have a hard time getting going. No, not that. Please: this is a family blog. I mean writing. Sometimes getting down to the writing is so difficult that I run out of things to do to avoid writing. … Continue reading