A Hole in the Ground – A Novel
- The heartbreak of creativity: a public service announcement
- If I sue, will it be in litter-gation?
- What to do in the event you wake up Tuesday morning and Stephen Harper is still Prime Minister
- I am carrying this live skunk to protest everything Donald Trump stands for
- This land is my land, or how do you make a Nippising?
- Home alone… with pets
I say the tweetest thingsMy Tweets
Tag Archives: teenagers
Conversations these days with my 15-year-old daughter go something like this: Abby (getting out of the car): “Can you write me a note? I’m going to be late for class.” Me: “You’re not going to be late. Just be quick.” … Continue reading
Another excursion into my teen journals. I was 18 when I wrote this, in the spring of 1984, and I think now that, at that age, I should have had it more together. But it was still high school, my … Continue reading
Feeling the need to cringe, the other night I pulled out my teenage journals. I kept them quite faithfully during my final two years of high school. They contain about what you’d expect. This somewhat topical entry from May 18, … Continue reading
So you’ve finally reached your early to mid-twenties. Congratulations! Your brain’s prefrontal cortex is fully developed. Now you can expect a rich full life of recognizing the consequences of your actions. So long, reckless teenage behaviour; hello, maturity and wisdom. … Continue reading