A Hole in the Ground – A Novel
- The heartbreak of creativity: a public service announcement
- If I sue, will it be in litter-gation?
- What to do in the event you wake up Tuesday morning and Stephen Harper is still Prime Minister
- I am carrying this live skunk to protest everything Donald Trump stands for
- This land is my land, or how do you make a Nippising?
- Searching for the parental sweet spot
I say the tweetest thingsMy Tweets
Tag Archives: parenting
I know what you’re thinking. You’re thinking, “I liked it better when he used to write about his kids.” It’s true. I wrote about my children all the time. But then something happened: They grew up. Our four children are … Continue reading
Conversations these days with my 15-year-old daughter go something like this: Abby (getting out of the car): “Can you write me a note? I’m going to be late for class.” Me: “You’re not going to be late. Just be quick.” … Continue reading
When my son James was in his final year of high school, I made him go to bed at the end of the third quarter of Game 4 of the NBA Finals between the Miami Heat and Antonio Spurs. He … Continue reading
1. Why can’t your child stop being pure evil? Because his evil is pure, can’t you see? It’s not a little evil, not part-time evil, not slightly over the top evil. Pure evil. The essence of evil. It cannot be … Continue reading
It came up during Game 4 of the NBA finals. It came up last year too, and the year before that. It’ll probably come up annually from here on and sporadically between times for the rest of my son’s life. … Continue reading
We are now one child away from having an empty nest – only it’s not so much a nest. More like a temporary storage facility. If the imaginary volcano in our backyard were to erupt and spew hot ash over … Continue reading